THE HEALING PLACE FARM
SUMMER FUN UPDATE
* The Healing Place Farm will be closed from August 19, 2014 until September 19, 2014. We will be welcoming our first grandchild during this time. Please see the attached letter sent to Reflexology, Healing Touch and Aromatherapy clients last week for details.
* The summer has been a beautiful one on the farm. New chicks are growing and flourishing. Look for some new “top hats”. The garden is producing and we are well on our way to growing our own meat too. The horses and donkeys have all had a wonderful summer. Although most people don’t care for a cooler summer, the horses love it. The flies are fewer and the uninterrupted wearing of a hairy coat isn’t nearly as troublesome in the cooler weather. We had an outstanding Yoga class here among the horses with Diane from Peace Yoga Studio in Menomonee Falls. It was well attended and deeply nourishing. We are planning another in September.
* New soaps are curing. Prepare for herbs, earth and flowers. There is an increased focus on natural resources, preservation and health here on the farm.
* If you haven’t seen the journal of the robin on my Facebook, Polly Huenink Schellinger, check it out. Watch them grow!
* * Soap Classes: This year I have decided to have soap making classes on scheduled dates with scheduled times. It would be great to have you on the farm to hand make soap. Remember it takes 6 weeks of curing time for a soap to be usable. So, we’ll start early. For a new “soaper” the cost per box is $65.00 which includes materials and instruction. The cost for a returning “soaper” is $50 per box. The minimum number of soaps in a box is 10. It all depends on the thickness of the slice. You will be able to add herbs, essential oils, clays and other botanicals to your soap. I will also cut and process all of the soap after it is made instead of send it home with you. I will deliver the cut soap to one person in the group for disbursement. I have included some Friday nights because some ladies like to make it a “girl’s night”. Please register early.
Description of Class:
Learn everything you ever wanted to know about beginning soapmaking. I will give you step by step instruction on how to make cold processed soap. Learn from a certified experienced soapmaker who will walk you through the chemistry behind the soapmaking so you will more fully understand soapmaking from the oils to the cured soap.
- Step by step directions
- Safety Equipment List and Procedures
- Soapmaking Oil Properties
- Additives, Essential Oils, Fragrances
- Using natural herbs, flowers, powders
- Soapmaking supplier information
- Terms & Definitions in Soapmaking
Excellent classroom instruction is provided with hands on soapmaking from Polly Schellinger, a certified soapmaker with the Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetic Guild. Class sizes are small which will give you one on one attention.
You will go home with a soapmaking booklet and recipes to help you make soap at home if you so desire. You will also make a box of handmade soap which I will cut and return to one person in your group for disbursement. Remember, it has to rest for 6 weeks before use.
Return Policy On Classes: All classes are required to be paid in full to hold your place, they are non-refundable but with at least a 7 day notice you can re-schedule to a later date class. Your credit will be good for 1 year from the time it was paid to be used on classes only. If you cancel 6 days prior you will have a 1/2 credit available to use within 1 year from the date it was purchased. No Shows are NON-REFUNDABLE
SPECIALCONSIDERATIONS: Because of the caustic nature of Lye--The hands on portion of the class is offered to all of those that are 18 years and older. Please wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting soap or oil on.
Dates and Times
Friday, September 19 6 p.m. until 10 p.m.
Saturday, September 20 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Friday, October 17 6 p.m. until 10 p.m.
Saturday, October 18 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Saturday, November 1 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
* * The Healing Place Farm Fall Open House will be on both November 21, 2014 from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. and November 22, 2014 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. This year we are supporting Pancreatic Cancer and Horses for Heroes. There will be many new products and packaging….gift giving ready. Soap will continue to be specially priced for the Christmas at $4/bar or 6 for $20.
* * Make sure to watch for the Peace Yoga Studio Class being held here on the farm in September. The date is currently being planned. Yoga among the horses….simple life, simple balance, simple gifts.
Thank you for the contined support of my local business. It is with every single day that I know I have been blessed beyond belief.
The Healing Place Farm
N87W22211 North Lisbon Road
Sussex, WI 53089
Thursday, July 24, 2014
As life continues to evolve, I have made the decision to take a month off from my practice beginning August 19th, 2014. I will not be seeing any patients between then and September 19th, 2014. I will soon be welcoming my first grandchild and with that blessing, I will have fewer available appointments. I will also have a varied appointment schedule and will work to keep appointments closer to the hour-ish mark. As most of you know it is not unusual for my appointments to extend. I encourage you to schedule your appointments early for the upcoming months. I appreciate your business and look forward to continuing your Healing Touch, Reflexology, and Aromatherapy sessions with you.
Polly Schellinger, RN, BSN, HNB-BC, Certified Reflexologist, Certified Healing Touch Practitioner and Clinical Aromatherapist
Welcome to The Healing Place Farm
Polly J. Huenink-Schellinger is a Registered Nurse, Board Certified Holistic Nurse, Reflexologist, Clinical Aromatherapist, Parish Nurse and Certified Healing Touch Practitioner. Polly's main focus is wellness with a focus on physical, emotional and spiritual wellness. Polly practices at a local hospital in same day surgery and serves as the parish nurse at Crown of Life Lutheran Church.
The Healing Place Farm creates many different types of soaps, lotions and handmade sundries. Every week something new is handcrafted on the farm. You can often find Polly in the kitchen "soaping", creating essential oil blends, playing with a horse or gardening.
Currently, the focus is on the Spring Fling which will occur on April 5, 2014 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. There will be new items which include hemp and leather bracelets, frosted soaps, super cute baby items with handmade baby soap, knitted slippers (adorable) and smart looking change purses which are whimsical in nature and a must have! The mission focus for the Spring Fling this year is Breast Cancer and Heart Disease. The Healing Place Farm donates a substantial amount of the dollars spent here at the bi-annual sales to support 2 missions. The monies raised in November 2013 allowed continued support for research on Sarcoma and on the rescue animal mission. The generous donations from patrons of the farm have reached an infinite number of individuals and animals.