Vanilla Infused Body Oil
A delectable Vanilla infused oil which can be used for massages or as a moisturizing body oil.
- 2 organic Vanilla Beans
- 1 cup organic Jojoba Oil
Slice Vanilla Beans lengthwise and cut into small pieces. Place in a glass jar, cover with oil, cap, and shake well. Store in a sunny and warm windowsill for 1-2 months and shake daily. When the oil has reached the desired strength, strain the Vanilla Beans out using cheesecloth and pour the infused oil into a bottle. You can even make a more concentrated version of this oil to use as a natural perfume!
Vanilla Aroma Spray
A delightful aromatherapy spray which can be used around the house or misted directly onto the skin or hair as a natural perfume. It also makes a wonderful facial toner!
- 1 oz Witch Hazel Extract
- 3 oz water
- 2 tsp organic Vanilla extract (Make your own! See recipe below.)
Pour all ingredients into a 4 oz glass bottle with a mister top and shake well. Shake before each use as contents will naturally separate and be careful not to spray over light colored furniture or clothing!
Vanilla & Honey Body Scrub
This scrub smells scrumptious and will exfoliate your skin, leaving it soft and smooth.
- 3/4 cup organic granulated sugar or fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 TBSP organic Apricot Kernel Oil (or other carrier oil of your choice)
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 tsp organic Vanilla extract (Make your own! See recipe below.)
- 1/4 tsp powdered organic Vanilla Beans (optional)
Combine sugar and powdered Vanilla Beans in a bowl. Add oil, honey, and Vanilla extract. Mix well. Package in jars, and enjoy!
Homemade Vanilla Extract
Making your own Vanilla Extract is extremely easy, and is much less expensive than purchasing it.
- 3-4 whole organic Vanilla Beans
- 1 cup brandy, vodka, or bourbon
Split Vanilla Beans lengthwise with a knife, leaving the seeds inside intact. Place Vanilla Beans in a jar, cover with alcohol, and cap tightly. Agitate the mixture by shaking the jar daily for 4-6 weeks. You can infuse the Vanilla Beans for as long as you would like, and add new Vanilla Beans to make a stronger extract. Once that the flavor of the extract has reached the desired strength, strain the Vanilla Beans out and bottle the resulting extract. To make the bottles even more alluring, you can insert a Vanilla Bean into each bottle. Vanilla extract will last indefinitely, and will become even more aromatic and flavorful as it ages. Homemade Vanilla Extract may be used in exactly the same manner as commercial Vanilla Extract.
Other ideas for using Vanilla Beans
- Infuse Vanilla Beans in sea salt to create naturally scented bath salts or for culinary use.
- Place a Vanilla Bean in a jar filled with sugar, it tastes delicious in coffee or sprinkled over Creme Brulee.
- Gently heat honey with a Vanilla Bean in it to create Vanilla infused honey. Simple and delectable for dipping fresh fruit or drizzling over desserts.
We are only open to the public for special events. Please see our Facebook page for dates and times. Thank you!